- Design - 95%95
- Dimensions - 99%99
- Ease of use - 98%98
- Maneuverability - 98%98
- Maneuverability: 98% Battery life - 95%95
Step into the future with the Razor Hovertrax Self-Balancing scooter and make each ride a fun and memorable experience!
Made by Razor, a very popular company among two-wheel scooter fans, this product promises to solve the quality control problem that many scooters have these days. Since this company was founded in 2000, it has gathered enough experience to be able to design and produce quality products and the Razor Hovertrax Scooter does not disappoint and even though self-balancing scooters have just made their way on the market, this product promises to become very popular this year, as people start to find out about them. This product can reach a maximum speed of up to 6 mph or 10 km/h and it has a maximum continuous run time of up to 115 minutes, so users will be able to have as much fun as they want with it.
Features and specifications for the Razor Hovertrax:
- Product colors: Red, Blue
- Maximum 6 mph speed;
- Age: 13+
- 220 lbs. weight;
- Shatter-resistant polymer frame;
- Anti-slip foot platform;
- 115 min runtime;
- Lithium ion battery;
- Battery power indicators, battery charger and battery level indicator.
- Because many users have complained that hoverboards scratch too easily, this product is made out of shatter resistant polymer frame, which should make it quite resistant, although from our tests it can still gather small scratches on the exterior, just like most self-balancing scooters do. However, unless looks are extremely important to you, these minor scratches should not prevent you from having fun with this scooter and enjoying its features.
- A unique feature about the Razor Hovertrax is the shape of the wheel hub that was designed to protect debris caused by the wheels. This means that if you go through small puddles, you will not get dirt on your feet, which is a nice feature, especially if you want to ride your scooter even after it has just rained outside.
- This product has one electric motor for each wheel, offering it proper balance and enabling the user to ride comfortably on it. In addition, this product comes with a 90 day warranty, something that not too many self-balancing scooters have. Even though it 90 days may not sound like much, it is more than enough to allow you to notice any major defects or problems your hoverboard might have and have it fixed or replaced by the manufacturer.
- Another advantage that works in the favor of this product is that fact that it is produced by a multinational company that is already known on the market. Unlike most hoverboards made in China by no-name companies and sold by various entrepreneurs for a quick profit, when you choose the Razor Hovertrax you will choose a product with a brand behind it and a company that can guarantee for its quality.
- Ease of use is also an advantage worth mentioning. The anti-slide food pads make it seem very stable and offer the user the confidence that they can ride it successfully. It takes most people about half an hour to get used to it and those who are experienced with self-balancing scooters will not have any problems in learning how to use it successfully in a matter of minutes.
The cons of the Razor Hovertrax
- As far as speed goes, the Razor Hovertrax reaches up to 6.2 mph, which is pretty normal for a self-balancing scooter. While there might be other scooters that can reach higher speeds, from our experience most users don’t even reach this speed while riding a scooter and even though 6 mph may not sound that fast, when you are riding it, it will not seem slow at all.
- Something that did bother us a bit was the fact that the battery can take up to 1.5 hours to fully charge, which is quite a lot compared to the Powerboard by Hoverboard that we have previously reviewed that only takes about 1 hour before it is fully charged.
- It can be a bit pricier than some of the other similar products available on the market. Undoubtedly its quality and the fact that it comes with a warranty justify the price, but some people might find it a bit out of their reach.
All in all, this is a great product, its advantages far exceeding the cons, so if you are looking for a good and reliable self-balancing scooter, the Razor Hovertrax Electric Self-Balancing Scooter is a great choice. The 90 day warranty guarantees that any problems will be fixed by the manufacturer and it is also a testament to the overall quality of the device. The fact that it is produced by a large company should offer customers the certainty that they will be dealing with a professional manufacturer that actually invests in customer support. We have found no battery problems (as many hoverboards have these days) and Razor vouches that these products are of the highest possible quality.
Ease of use: 98%
Battery life: 95%